czwartek, 16 lutego 2012

Don't panic!

One year ago (exactly), when I was on a training course in Lithuania I had a very nice session of reflection group. Reflection group is a meeting where you evaluate your learning process and you try to express your feelings. I usually considered it as stupid and waste of time, but when you have a good trainer those meetings could be very useful. My trainer was the best. One evening she explained me zones theory.

original drawing by Olga - my trainer

This theory is quite simple.We are surrounded by three concentric circles: comfort zone, stretching (risk) zone and panic zone. Comfort zone is everything you are familiar with and it doesn't make you feel uncomfortable, you feel save there. It could be meeting your friends, your way to work, doing shopping in your local supermarket. Stretch zone contains situations you are not comfortable with. Something new, something that requires some effort from your side, something where you have to take some kind of risk - a challange. This is your learning zone. As they say, life begins at the end of your comfort zone. This is this place with "value added", place where you change something. Your goal is to turn as much as possible from your risk zone into your comfort zone. The third zone is a panic zone. When stress level is too high and it paralyse you it means you are in a panic zone. You get there when you are in danger. Physical or mental. And you are not able to act normally. You just want to go back to your comfort zone and never leave it again. Of course in some time you go out of your comfort zone again.


Why am I writing about it? When I got back to Ukraine everything was going surprisingly perfectly. Till one Sunday, when after amazing weekend I got to a panic zone and run away to my comfort zone, which is basically my bed. And I'm still there. Ok, I work, I watch movies, I drink beer, I party till early morning, I make jokes, I lough, but it's not the same anymore. I see no point in fighting for things I cared about. I can't find energy to explain again what is important to me and why. And I'm very tired of all those misunderstandings.

Any ideas how to get me out of here?

"Не переживай!" is not enough.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz