wtorek, 31 stycznia 2012

"Short on money but long on time slowly strolling in the sweet sunshine"*

Pozor! This text is about shoes, clothes and shopping. Sorry, guys.

When we came to Ukraine we promised ourselves to take part in cultural life of Donetsk. Yeah, we've promised. Apart from few visits in IZOLYATSIA, two concerts and one official ceremony we haven't been anywhere. Comparing to my cultural activities in Poland it's nothing. During our stay in Motherland I made a to-do-list and one of the points was "going to the cinema for Russian-speaking movie". We decided to watch stupid comedy to make sure we'll understand something (in my case - anything).

Together with Magda and Kristina we decided to meet on Monday in Donetsk City shopping mall where they have a multiplex. I've never been there, so I was happy to visit new place. We decided to take a look around. What did we find? Two type of shops: very expensive ones and normal ones. Saying "normal" I mean: exactly the same I go to in Poland. But with bigger rebajas. After three months of living here we found Promod, Orsay and almost all of Inditex group brands. Great. I remember how happy I was when I saw Orsay on Khreshchatyk and now you are telling me I had it here all the time???

People visiting this mall look completely different than people we see on the streets, marshrutkas or in Амстор (for my Polish friends: Amstor - supermarket where we do shopping, because it's close to our office). Completely different. Any ideas why? First of all, they wear clothes bought in shops which you can find in this mall. Second thing is that they can afford buying these clothes. Third thing: this kind of style is similar to that one we have in Poland and which we like. They don't "shine", like most of the girls I see here. 

Tickets were too expensive, so instead of watching a movie we bought shoes. Here they are:

Don't worry, we're going to the cinema tomorrow.

* My morning song: Paolo Nutini, "New shoes"

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz