poniedziałek, 19 grudnia 2011

How we became artists, czyli sumkowe szaleństwo

Eco bags are not very popular in Ukraine. People in shops are always surprised when I say "pakiecik nie nużny" and I put all stuff into one of my bags (beige one from Riga, red one from Rzeszów or green one from Toruń). To get a plastic bag you have to pay for it. But here, if you don't buy it and have your own bag it could mean that you are mean. That's what I heard from one of my friends. Or even two of my friends. In Poland eco bags are trendy. And I think soon they will be trendy in Ukraine as well.

But, to make them trendy someone has to show them to the society, right? So a non-governmental arts foundation IZOLYATSIA organized very nice eco-oriented workshops of decorating/making bags.



I went there together with my marshrutka twin sister, on the bus we met our Debate Centre friends - Oksana, Dasha and Ola. Organizers were very surprised by the number of people who came to make their own bag. We were surprised by talent those people have!

We had a great time, here you can admire our work on marvelous pictures taken by the tech guru of IZOLYATSIA (спасибо Миша):










2 komentarze:

  1. Here is our report, btw:
    http://www.izolyatsia.org/en/projects/15/116/ekologichjeskije-vihodnije/

    OdpowiedzUsuń